Monday, May 31, 2010

Creating a Game for school

My son had to create a game to play in class with his classmates which followed the theme of snowboarding. Here is what we ended up with.


This is the game board. It was designed similar to the Candyland game. I let my son do most of the writing and drawing on the board.


The game pieces were made from the Everyday Paper Dolls cart from Provo Craft and I used the clothes for the snow skier. The snowboard that each piece is glued to was cut using a shape from George & Basic cart that I stretched to a snowboard shape and cut from card stock then covered with the correct color of paper for each person.




The deck of cards was made by taking a picture of the four moving pieces and printing it onto card stock wallet size then cutting them to wallet size.

My son wrote the instructions on the back of each card and we laminated them.




I took an unfinished wooded box covered the top with scrapbooking paper and added another skier on top. This was used to store the skiers and the deck of cards.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet your son was really proud to take this to school and show it off. It's a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete