Monday, May 31, 2010

Movie Night


My son's teacher invited his class to her parents house to watch the movie "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" after reading the book in class. I made this box of popcorn and Thank You card as a gift to give to her parents.

The "popcorn" is really just yellow tissue paper cut into circles, then gathered a little and glued down to the lid. I took a brown ink pad and lightly dabbed the "popcorn" to make it look more realistic.


I cut the popcorn box using the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cart from Provo Craft and the Thank You card in the shape of a ticket was cut from the Disney Mickey Font cart, I had to improvise to make a card from the cut. The letters also came from this same cart.



This is a picture of the "popcorn" opened, I had to create my own lid by trial and error. As you can see, the real treats (candy bars) are inside the popcorn container.



I purchased a few different candy bars, wrapped them with thin scrapbooking papers and cut out the words from several fonts using my cricut carts.

I was surprised at how cute this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment