Friday, July 2, 2010

Pink Stamper Color Challenge

Here is a card I made for a Challenge over at My Pink Stamper. The challenge was to create something using the colors Pink, Green, Orange and Brown. This was a stretch for me because I don't normally put pink and orange together, but I actually like how this card turned out.

I decided to continue with things that I don't normally do, so I made my card with brown paper instead of my normal white. The cupcake was made using the PC cart Doodle Charms, an old cart that I have not used for quite a while! I also ran the background orange paper through the Cuttlebug using the polka dot folder, then lightly ran a white stamp pad over it to highlight the dots. The flame for the candle was made using Orange Stickles.

The cupcake holder was made by accordian folding brown card stock. To make it you need to keep in mind that the accordian fold has to be made with the bottom portion of the fold slightly smaller than the top. I also scored my cardstock first which helped tremendiously with making such small folds.

I added a piece of white card stock to the inside to give me an area for my message, then used a brown stamp pad to soften the edges around the white.


Here is a closer view of the inside message.

3 comments:

  1. Oh so cute, love the way you fold the cupcake wrapper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! I love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and who would have thought that something with those colors would look so nice!

    ReplyDelete