Thursday, July 15, 2010

Explosion Box for gift cards

Here are pictures of a box that I made using instructions from the website Paper Pastimes. I put her button on the right side of my blog. You really need to check out her work, it is so awesome! This project was made using only double sided papers (2 sheets), a cutter, a bone folder, some scissors, ribbon and adhesive, nothing was cut using the cricut. To get the instructions on how to make the box and lid I viewed the Cake in a Box video at Paper Pastimes, as you can tell I skipped the cake part (I really want to try it eventually though). I just love the paper I used which is Berry Sweet from K and Company. The ribbon is from Paper Trey Inc. Here is the box.

Here is a picture of the lid partially removed. As you can see, the sides of the box are not attached, so the box "explodes" when you take the lid off.

I couldn't bear to discard the corners of the paper that I had to cut off to make the box, so I decided to cut a flower and swirl from one of my scrap corners and attach it similar to the way Denise from Paper Pastimes in her video Explosion Box Gift Card holder attached her snowmen. Here is a picture of the box opened.

I just used another scrap corner and created a gift card holder similar to the one from the Cake in the Box video, it is on the right side of the box. I also used a small circle punch to punchout the half circle to make it easier to get the gift card out of the holder. Here is a close up of the holder.

On one flap I attached a small piece of white paper to write a sentiment on. I also chalked around the edges with pink ink.

Here is a close up of the flower in the center. Can you see the glitter on the paper?

2 comments:

  1. Another project I'll have to try!!! A very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! I must make one now!

    ReplyDelete