Monday, October 18, 2010

Portholes

My husband and I went on a cruise to celebrate our 10th Wedding anniversay.  I took pictures of our room and wanted a unique way to scrapbook these pictures.  I decided to create "portholes" that you could open and see the room.  Here is what the page looks like.

To create the "metal' around the windows I just used gold foil paper and used my Creative Memories circle cutters, it may be easier to create the circles and cut them with Sure Cuts A Lot, but I did not have that program at the time that I created this page.  For each porthole I created two gold circles one smaller than the other.  In the center of the smaller circle I attached velium paper.  I used velum to try and create the look of a window.  The little latch at the bottom was created using the Cricut Cart Fabulous Finds.  I cut it out of copper colored metalic paper.  The "rivets" are made from copper colored brads.


Here you can see that I am using the latch to open up the porthole.  When I lift the latch you are able to see the picture of our room.
The background paper I used was a shiney cream colored paper that I thought resembled the outside of a ship.  The wavy water at the bottom of the page was created by using my Creative Memories wavy cutter and blue paper.
I hope you enjoyed my post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! This is BEYOND amazing!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!! So VERY clever.......it looks just like a portal on a ship!!! Very very very clever!!!! And the vinyl project you shared above.....LOVE IT as well!!! I've used vinyl a couple of times and it's alot of fun to work with!!!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your very sweet comment on my blog about the Family poem...I'm thrilled you like it......I hope you have a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete