Thursday, October 28, 2010

My First Vinyl project

I finally used that vinyl I purchased several months ago and made some wall art for the house.  This is my finished project.  It only took a couple of hours to complete and I love how it turned out!
I used SCAL and DS to make this project.  The medallion and the swirls came from the Home Accents cricut cart and the letters were all done in SCAL.  The font I used for the words "IN EVERYTHING" was Times New Romans.  I downloaded a free font called killagraphy to do the words "give thanks". 
This was my first attempt at vinyl cutting and placing and I was surprised at how easy it really was.  The hardest part was designing the layout.  If you are interested, I have the files and am more than happy to share if you want them, you will just have to keep in mind that I used both DS and SCAL so I have two files in different formats.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very nice! I've not been brave enough to attempt anything like this for my walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Lisa! I'm thankful you are such a good friend (that I don't see near enough)!

    ReplyDelete