Sunday, July 24, 2011

Travel Packet

I have a great friend who recently went on a cruise, so for her birthday I made a book for her to organize all of her travel documents.  This is the front of the book, I used cereal boxes to make the pages and covered them with paper from a beach themed packet that I purchased at a Big Lots store a long time ago.

I wanted to make the book a size that would easily fit into a purse or would be easy to store in a small carry on.
When you open the book you will see the section where you can store airline tickets, your passport books and a small section to store a passport card which is an optional item to purchase when you order a passport and is the size of a credit card.


On the last page I created a section to store note cards where you can jot down things you did or saw for each day.  This is great for scrapbookers who want to make sure and journal the trip correctly when they are ready to scrapbook the event.  I even made special color coordinated paper to journal on.
I bound it using my Bind-it-All machine.  The project was much easier to complete by having a color coordinated packet of paper instead of having to pick out matching papers from my supply.

I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty and functional at the same time. I'm sure your friend appreciated this.

    ReplyDelete