Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Card


This is a birthday card I made using my Hello Kitty cartridge from Provo Craft.  I will no longer buy any Cricut cartridges because I dislike what Provo Craft has done to the makers of Make the Cut and Sure Cuts A Lot, but I will use the ones I currently have as long as possible.

I cut Kitty at 3 inches, but that size does make some pieces very small and hard to work with.  I actually got frustrated with the small pieces for the center of the two flowers and just used glitter instead of the small dots that were part of the cut.

The letters were cut at 1 and 1/2 on pink paper with pink polka dots.  I do like the font because it was easy to work with at such a small size.  The background for the letters was cut using the shadow feature of the same size, I just used brown ink pad to ink around the edges.

The card itself was made using and 81/2 X 11 inch size of white card stock which I cut in half to make two pieces 8 1/2 X 5 1/2.  I scored that in the middle length ways at 4 1/4 and folded it in half.  The piece of green background paper was cut at 4 inches by 5 1/4.  I attached a ribbon to it prior to placing on the white folded cardstock paper, then placed my Hello Kitty and Happy Birthday sentiment on it.  I did use pop dots on Kitty to make her pop off the card.

One thing I have found out while making cards is that it takes the most time coming up with the design, the paper colors and ribbon color to use for each card, so when I decide on a combination of these items for a card it is very little extra effort to make two or four of the same design and put aside for another birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment