Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cruise Book Cover

For our 10th Wedding Anniversay my DH and I got to go on a cruise (without our children!). I made a scrapbook of our trip, here is a picture of the outside of the album. I was able to find a scrapbook with a shadow box on the front.  Unfortunately the picture does not demonstrate the dimensions you get by using a  shadow box to create this.


It is really hard to tell from this picture, but the "water" is made from toothpaste!  I know what you are thinking, and no, that is not a typo, I really made it from toothpaste.  I put gel toothpaste (it has to be gel toothpaste, the regular toothpaste does not look like water) in a ziplock bag and put it in the shadowbox.  To be honest with you, I have no idea how this will hold up over time.  I can say that I created this at least 3 years ago and it is still fine.  The picture I used was not the original, just incase the ziplock bag began to leak, so I took a copy of a picture from the cruise and turned it into a black and white copy.  The ship was just a sticker I purchase awhile ago, the clouds are from cotton balls and the moon is a circle that I cut from scrap yellow paper and inked to make it look like a cloudy night moon.

1 comment: