Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday Cake Card

Here is my second explosion card/box. I mentioned in an ealier post that I had gotten the idea and design from the Paper Pastimes site (I have her button posted on the right side of my blog). I had been wanting to try the birthday cake explosion card and here is my first attempt. The paper I used was K & Company Berry Sweet paper packet. I love using these papers for my explosion cards because it is a heavy card stock and printed on both side. I also used ribbon from Paper Trey Ink to make the bow.

Here is the box with the lid off.

This is what the cake looks like. I also got the pattern from the Paper Pastimes website.

I am not certain that I like the flower as a cake topper. The next time I think I will go with the traditional candles and see which I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment